Privacy and Information Handling Policy
- Privacy and Information Handling Policy
The Doosan Yonkang Foundation (www.yonkang.org, “Yonkang”) complies with the relevant laws and regulations dealing with personal information protection including the Personal Information Protection Act and the Act on Information Communications Network Use Promotion and Information Protection. Yonkang strives to protect the rights and interests of persons providing personal information, such as customers, employees, and Website users through its Privacy and Information Processing Policy and the Privacy and Information Handling Policy. Yonkang notifies you of how and for what purposes Yonkang may use your information and what measures have been taken to protect your personal information through its policies regarding personal data privacy and information processing. In the event any of the provisions of the relevant policies are amended, Yonkang will publicly notify you of such amendments through this Website or individually. The Company’s policy related to personal information consists of the following: 1) the Privacy and Information Processing Policy regarding the personal information protection of all persons providing their own personal information, 2) the Privacy and Information Handling Policy regarding the personal information protection of this Website’s users, and 3) the Image Information Processing Equipment Operation & Management Policy regarding personal image information protection. However, privacy and Information handling policies related to other Doosan affiliates’’ websites are respectively set forth on those websites.
The Doosan Yonkang Foundation(www.yonkang.org, “Yonkang”) greatly values users’ personal information, and complies with the Act on Information Communications Network Use Promotion and Information Protection. Yonkang informs you about how and for what purpose users’ personal information is used and what actions are taken for the privacy protection of the users. In the event that any of the provisions of the Privacy and Information Handling Policy are amended or updated, Yonkang will publicly notify you of such amendments or updates through this Website or individually.
01. Collected Personal Information
The Doosan Yonkang Foundation collects the following personal information for member subscription, questions and other services.
- Collected information : User ID, password, service usage data, access history , cookies, access IP, name, sex, birth date, Resident registration number, passport number, account number, address (home, work), phone number (home, work, cell), email, nationality, company name, family, education, awards, thesis/books
- How personal information is collected : Website (member subscription, Contact Us).
02. Purpose of Gathering and Use of Personal Information
Doosan Yonkang Foundation shall use gathered personal information for the following purposes :
- Fulfills the agreement concerning the provision of service
- According to laws, or in case there are requests from enforcement agencies for the purpose of investigations according to procedures and methods stipulated in laws
- Use in statistics: indentifies the frequency of access or statistics on members’ use of service
Without the agreement of users, Yonkang shall not commission other firms to process their information. In case personal information needs to be provided to a third party firm in order to provide users with the requested services, Yonkang shall inform users of such firm’s identity and provided service contents, and obtain prior agreement thereof from users.
03. Retention and Destruction of Personal Information
Any information provided by a user will be banned from being used for the reasons other than the purpose of retention or to comply with relevant laws and regulations. After the purpose of collection and use of personal information is completed, the information concerned will be immediately destroyed without exception. If a user requests us to destroy his/her personal information, unless the required period to retain such information by law expires later than the time the request was made, the user’s information will be completely destroyed upon the receipt of such a request. The destruction procedure and method are presented below :
A. Retention and Use Period
- Retained information: ID, password, name, gender, date of birth, resident registration number, password number, account number, address (home, office), contact point (home, office, mobile phone), e-mail, nationality, company name, family relationships, education, awards /experience, theses /authored books, social /volunteer /special activities
- Retention period : 1 year
- Reason of retention : User inquires/requests control, user identification, etc.
- Retained information : Service usage data, access information, cookie, and IP address
- Retention period : 3 years
- Reason of retention : To collect user’s service use statistics
B. Destruction Procedures
Any information provided by you will be transferred to a separate DB (separate document box in the case of paper) upon completion of the purpose of its use, and it will be stored for a certain period of time, and then destroyed under Yonkang’s policy and other relevant laws and regulations. Such information will then be banned from use, other than for the purpose of retention or otherwise prohibited by law.
C. Destruction Method
Personal information stored in an electronic file format will be deleted using a technical method which prevents the retrieval of the deleted file.
04. Provision of Personal Information
Yonkang shall not in principle provide users’ personal information to third parties. Such provision shall take exception to the following :
A. In case personal information needs to be provided in order to provide users with the requested service, it will, with the agreement of the service requester, be provided as follows.
B. In case there is prior agreement of users; and
C. According to laws, or in case there are requests from enforcement agencies for the purpose of investigations according to procedures and methods stipulated in laws.
05. Commissioning of gathered personal information
In order to fulfill the service, Yonkang shall commission external specialist firms to handle the personal information.
- Trustee: Doosan Corporation Information & Communications
- Commissioned work outline: manages systems and website
- Trustee : Cheonggang
- Commissioned work outline: sending publications/print-outs
06. The rights of users and legal proxies, and the method of exercising them
Members may anytime request to access, amend and delete their registered personal information. Members may select the Update Member Information menu to access and amend their personal information.
If members have requested the correction of their erroneous personal information, Yonkang shall not, before such amendment, use or provide their personal information. Also, in case wrong personal information has already been provided to a third party,Yonkang shall immediately inform it of the updated information so as to make due correction.
If members do not wish to use Yonkang’s service any longer, they can select the Withdraw from Membership menu to terminate the use of service.
07. Installation, operation and rejection of personal information automatic-gathering systems
- For various services of Yonkang
[Method to install or reject cookies]
You can select your web browser options to either allow all cookies, confirm whenever cookies are stored, or reject the storage of any cookies.
* Cookie installation method (in case of Internet Explorer): Tools at the top of web browser → Internet options → Personal information
However, if a user rejects the storage of cookies, the use of some of services needing log-in may be limited. In this regard, the user shall be solely responsible.
08. Handling of complaints about personal information
In order to protect personal information and to handle complaints about personal information, Yonkang operates relevant department and staff.
A. Staffer responsible for personal information management
Name/Position : Kwang-sik Lee, General Manager
Tel. : 02-766-7620
Fax. : 02-708-5060
E-mail : email@example.com
B. Department responsible for personal informatio
Department : Business Operation Team
Tel. : 02-766-7680
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
You may report complaints about the protection of personal information in using Yonkang’s service to relevant staff or department of Yonkang. Regarding your reports, Yonkang will revert to you as soon as possible. You can also report infringements on personal information to or have relevant consultation with the following agencies :
Personal Information Infringement Report Center
(http://privacy.kisa.or.kr Tel. : 118)
Information Protection Mark Certification Committee
(http://www.privacy.go.kr Tel. : 02-580-0533~4)
Supreme Prosecutors’ Office Internet Crime Investigation Center
(email@example.com Tel. : 02-3480-3600)
National Policy Agency Cyber Terror Response Center
(http://www.netan.go.kr Tel. : 02-392-0330)
Notice date: September 30, 2011
Enforcement date: September 30, 2011