The purpose of the Terms is to stipulate the user’s rights, obligations and responsibilities concerning the services provided by the Doosan Yonkang Foundation’s Website.
B. Elucidation and Amendment of Terms
(1) The Terms become effective when Doosan Yonkang Foundation post them on the screen or other methods to notify users.
(2) The Doosan Yonkang Foundation can revise the Terms as needed, and the revised Terms become effective when notified as stipulated in Clause (1).
(3) A member can terminate using the service and request the withdrawal of membership if he or she does not agree with the revised Terms.
C. Rules Not Provided in Terms
If matters not provided in the Terms are stipulated in legislation, the stipulation is complied with.
D. Term Definition
(1) A user is a member or non-member who connects to the Website and uses the service provided by the Doosan Yonkang Foundation in accordance with the Terms.
(2) A member is a person who provided personal information to the Doosan Yonkang Foundation and registered as a member to continue using the services provided by the Doosan Yonkang Foundation.
(3) A non-member is a person who is not enrolled as a member and can use some services of the Doosan Yonkang Foundation.
A. Service Request
(1) A user who wants to use the service shall fill out the following information in the Doosan Yonkang Foundation’s enrollment application form and submit it online or in other ways specified by the Doosan Yonkang Foundation.
Name/Date of birth/ID/Password/E-Mail/Address/Contact no./Membership
B. Service Agreement Establishment
(1) The Service Agreement becomes valid after a user agrees to the Terms and submits the enrollment application which is then approved by the Doosan Yonkang Foundation.
(2) The Doosan Yonkang Foundation may not approve the enrollment application for the following reasons:
* Insufficient capacity of the system for the service
* Technical difficulties
* Applicant not using his or her legal name
* Falsified or insufficient information on the application form
* Applying for the purpose of impeding social peace or justice or offending against public morals
* Inadequate satisfaction of enrollment application criteria specified by Doosan Yonkang Foundation
C. Valid Period of Membership
(1) A membership is effective from the date the Terms are established to the date the Agreement is terminated by the user.
D. Change of User Information
(1) A member shall make the change(s) online when the information on the enrollment application is changed.
(2) The Yonkang Foundation will not be responsible for any loss caused by Clause (1).
A. Membership Withdrawal and Disqualification
(1) A member can request withdrawal at any time, and Yonkang shall immediately process the withdrawal request.
(2) The Doosan Yonkang Foundation can limit or terminate the membership qualification when a member falls under one of the following cases:
* Falsified information on the enrollment application
* Involved in criminal activities
* Stealing someone else’s ID and password
* Intentionally obstructing service operation
* A user having multiple registrations with different ID and resident number
* Intentionally circulating information that violates the public justice and public norms
* Defaming others or causing disadvantage to others
A. Personal Information Security
(1) Personal information is the information of a living person which can identify the person by the name, address, contact no. or other items contained in the concerned information(including identification by combining the information with other information even when the concerned information cannot identify the person by itself).
(2) The Doosan Yonkang Foundation collects only the minimum information needed to provide the service.
- Date of birth
- Tel. no.
- E-Mail address
- Affiliated community
(3) Collection, Usage Purpose and Usage Period of Personal Information
Personal information collected by the Doosan Yonkang Foundation is used for the following purposes only and for the following period.
- Membership enrollment
- Agreement establishment
- Personalized service for each individual member
- Demographic analysis(statistical analysis by gender, age group and region of the user)
- Collection of statistics of member’s service usage and reflecting the information to service policy(service restructuring and/or expansion)
* All information collected during enrollment will not be used for any purpose other than to deliver the concerned service or those services notified in advance.
* A membership is effective from the date the Service Agreement is established to the date the Agreement is terminated by the user.
(4) Providing the Information to Third Parties
Except for the following cases based on legislation, the Doosan Yonkang Foundation will not provide the personal information to third parties.
- Specifically stipulated in legislation like the Act on Real Name Financial Transactions and Guarantee of Secrecy, the Use and Protection of Credit Information Act, the Telecommunications Business Act, the Bank of Korea Act, the Local Tax Act, the Act on Consumer Protection and the Criminal Procedure Act (According to the law, the Doosan Yonkang Foundation does not provide information every time the administration or investigative agency demands information. According to the law, the Doosan Yonkang Foundation can provide the information only if there is a warrant or written request that has the seal of the head of the agency.)
- As needed to settle the fee of the delivered service
- As needed for statistics, academic research or market surveys and only when provided in the form that cannot identify a certain person
(5) Withdrawal of Consent to Membership Enrollment, Review or Revision of the Personal Information, etc.
A member can review and/or revise his or her personal information through “Member Information Change” at any time. The collected information is applied immediately after the revision is completed. A member can withdraw his or her consent to membership enrollment through “Membership Enrollment Withdrawal” at any time. When the member requests the membership enrollment withdrawal, all personal information will be deleted immediately after the request.
(6) Custody Period and Usage Period of Collected Personal Information
The personal information will be disposed of when the purpose of collecting or receiving the personal information is satisfied in the following ways:
- When the membership is withdrawn or expelled in the case of membership enrollment information
- When the item or service is delivered or provided in the case of delivery information
(excluding the case where the information needs to be preserved according to legislation such as the Commercial Act.)
(7) Cookie Operation
What is a cookie?
It is a small amount of data sent by the web site server to the computer user. It may include the user’s personal information or information concerning Web sites visited by the user. The user can adjust the Web browser option to select whether to receive all cookies, receive the notice when the cookie is installed or reject all cookies.
The Doosan Yonkang Foundation’s Cookie
The Doosan Yonkang Foundation operates the cookie for user convenience. The Doosan Yonkang Foundation’s cookie collects only Doosan Yonkang Foundation member ID(Resident Registration No.) and nothing else. The member ID(Resident Registration No.) collected by the Doosan Yonkang Foundation’s cookie will be used for the following purposes:
- Use of various information services provided by the Doosan Yonkang Foundation
The cookie expires automatically when the user’s browser is terminated or the user logs out.
(8) Special Provision for the Protection of Children and Youths
Children younger the age of 14 may not be fully aware of the importance of their personal information and have insufficient capability to evaluate the information or judge its authenticity. Therefore, a child will not be accepted as a member since the child or his/her legal guardian may suffer loss without even knowing.
(9) Personal Information Managing Group and Contact Point
Doosan Yonkang Foundation is operating a window to receive a user’s opinions and complaints concerning personal information security.
Any person who has a complaint with his/her personal information can submit their opinion to the Doosan Yonkang Foundation’s personal information management group, and we will follow up on this as soon as we receive it and notify the result.
A. Delivery of Information
The Doosan Yonkang Foundation can provide the information it recognizes to be needed for members’ using the service to users through e-mail or postal mail.
B. Copyright of Posted Articles
(1) The person who posts an article has the right and responsibility of the posted article, and the Doosan Yonkang Foundation cannot use it for any profit purpose other than posting it in the site without the consent of the poster. The restriction is not applicable to non-profit purposes, and Doosan Yonkang Foundation has the right to post it in its site.
(2) A member cannot use the information contained in the service for commercial purposes such as processing and selling the information attained from the service.
C. Service Usage Hours
(1) The service can be used for 24 hours a day and all days of the year provided that there is no operational or technical restriction by the Doosan Yonkang Foundation. Excluded are the days and hours specified by the Doosan Yonkang Foundation for regular inspection or other purposes.
(2) The Doosan Yonkang Foundation may divide the service into segments and specify the usage hours for each segment. In that case, the details will be notified in advance.
D. Termination of Service
(1) The Doosan Yonkang Foundation can terminate the service in the following cases:
* Work needed to repair the service equipment or other items
* Common carrier provided in the Telecommunication Business Act terminating the telecommunication service
* Other reasons of force majeure
(2) The Doosan Yonkang Foundation can restrict or terminate part or the whole of the service when there is problem using the normal service due to a national emergency, power interruption or an uncontrollable surge in service usage.
E. Notice to Members
The Yonkang Foundation can send a notice to members by sending an e-mail to the address provided by the member.
F. Rejection of Collecting E-Mail Address without Permission
The Doosan Yonkang Foundation rejects the collection of e-mail addresses posted on this WEB SITE by the e-mail collection program or other technical means without permission. Any individual or group violating this will be criminally prosecuted according to the Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, etc.
G. Law in User Country
The Doosan Yonkang Foundation operates and manages the WEB SITE from its headquarters in Seoul, Korea. If a user uses the site from a country other than Korea, the user has the obligation to comply with the laws of the country concerning the data and third party contents of the site.
The Terms shall be effective as of May 10, 2010.
For any inquiries or comments, pleas contact us using the link below: